Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

"I'd pay for this..."

Yay! My first actual meal post! Ok tonight I made Red Snapper Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa! I know right!?! Russell loves fish and is Catholic, i.e he can't have red meat on Fridays, so thats how I picked the meal.

Having only cooked fish once and mangos never, it was a nice new experience. The recipe was pretty simple, baking the fish with some butter, garlic, and cumin, but the pieces of fish were a bit too thick and weren't getting cooked through, so I had to switch it up a bit and pan sear a few pieces. The salsa was a full mango pealed and chopped, one chopped red pepper, green onions, lime juice, garlic, olive oil, vinegar and I added a little bit of jalapeños and chili powder. Serve them in regular taco shells with lettuce.

Russell told me that if he went to a restaurant, he would expect to pay for something like this! Score! And an upside is that there are leftovers of salsa which we plan to take to the beach tomorrow (which means Mom gets to taste it!!).

Tomorrow we're going to dinner at The Columbia, a delicious Cuban restaurant in Ybor city. Updates to come on how delicious it was :)

Bon Appetit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment